Monday, August 10, 2015

Mexican Corn Salad



 Mexican Corn Salad


 Mexican Corn Salad


Fresh corn is such a delightful treat. When I was looking for variety from the standard corn on the cob, corn off the cob, and creamed corn, I came across this refreshing recipe. Mexican Corn Salad is a great addition to any BBQ, taco night, or just as a different side item. I couldn't seem to get enough of this savory dish when I made it and I hope you love it too. Following recipe as found on the Schwans website.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups sweet corn kernels
  • ½ cup diced red pepper
  • ½ cup diced green pepper
  • ½ cup diced red onion
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  • 1 cup crushed chili cheese corn chips



Directions:
  1. Combine corn, peppers, onions, mayo, and cheese.
  2. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
  3. Stir in crushed chips right before serving.


I like to make this dish ahead and wait until I am ready to serve it before adding the corn chips. The crunch they provide is wonderful. When I make this dish, my Progressive Food Chopper gets quite the work out. It makes prep so simple and easy while saving me time. You can use canned corn if you prefer, I have in a pinch, but fresh corn really stands out in this dish. For my ears of corn I use my EZ Chopper board to cut the ends of the ear off before I husk it. I use a cute little de-silker brush to remove all the silk, and then use my Lee's Corn Cutter to remove all the kernels of corn. It sure beats using a knife to remove all of those kernels. A few swipes of the ear and it is clean of kernels. All of these items can be found on our website at www.lawn-gardening-tools.com or www.855sheller.com. I can't wait to hear what you think of this dish.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment