Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Cinnamon Pear Applesauce and Sweet Friends

It is the time of year to gather Apples and Pears, then get to baking! I decided to take my children to visit my Dad this weekend and gather pears from a tree at his home. We all had a wonderful time using our large NutWizard to pick the pears right off the ground after my son climbed up the tree to shake the branches. Those of us who were waiting to use the Nut Wizard had a Harvesting Bag that we strapped on like a belt and slipped our pears right into. I tried to snap a photo, but they were too fast for me!


After visiting a while we loaded up our bounty so we could go home and make Pear Applesauce! Before we got started, we made a little detour across the road to share some of these goodies with this sweet lady. We picked a large laundry basket full of pears, so they will be divided between sauces and pie fillings....and probably a pear cake... so we can enjoy them year round.



Now, I am excited to share our recipe for Pear Applesauce. Guilt-free and no sugar added...ready for it? Do you have some apples, pears, and cinnamon? Perfect!

Ingredients:
3 Apples
4 Pears
Cinnamon

Preparation:
  1. Slice and core your apples and pears. You can peel them if you prefer, but I don't because the skins will curl up and can be removed later.
  2. Place all together in your crock pot and sprinkle cinnamon over them. I like cinnamon, so I am heavy handed with mine. Of course, if you don't like cinnamon, leave it out.
  3. Cook on low for 6 hours. When finished either mash them up with a potato masher, or to make it even more simple, use a Food Strainer. TIME TO ENJOY!



This recipe make about 4 servings. I normally triple or quadruple the recipe to store in a jar in the fridge. It is perfect for when we have a sweet tooth and helps get even more fruit it. It is also a great recipe to can and put away. I LOVE my Canner. It is so worth the investment because of all of the money we save by putting away fresh picked fruits and vegetables rather than buying from the store. Even better than that, I know there is nothing extra added and my family is getting nothing but what I want when I open those jars. Another great way to enjoy pears would be Pear Chips. I use our Dehydrator to make sliced pears, apples, bananas,...I could go on...into healthy snacks perfect for school lunch boxes and growing tummies.



 You can find Strainers, Canners, Dehydrators, NutWizards (of all sizes), and so much more right on our website 

No comments:

Post a Comment